This December was a pretty busy one - I was working through the whole holidays bar the bank holidays. We were also hosting this Christmas, so there was lots of prep to do. It didn't really feel very Christmassy, for some reason. Maybe the drab weather, or going to work, or perhaps. just because we put many of the decorations up quite late in the month. Come Christmas Eve, we were starting to feel a little more festive. Other than enjoy Christmas, we have done a bit more work in the house, and it is feeling more and more homely.
1. First time ever I did a Christmas book advent calendar - and wrote some tips how to do one cheaply.
2. Christmas time!
3. We have a little book worm in the house - I also wrote some tips on how to grow the love of reading in toddlers.
4. We went to Harrods Christmas Grotto and loved the decorations... Little mice everywhere!
5. The wonder of Christmas windows is just captivating - they are so magical.
6. But not everything always works when you go and see Santa... Especially if you have a toddler. It is a funny picture so at least we got some laughs out of it (afterwards).
7. Toddler + bath time + long hair = endless hair installations!
8. We decorated our house Scandinavian style for Christmas.
9. This was our Christmas card picture two years ago, when Aili was just six months old.
I also shared our Christmas portrait - which I didn't actually have time to take until Boxing Day, ha ha, but never mind. No one needs to know!
And as practically all of Instagram I also checked my most liked pictures of 2015 (check below!). Funnily enough, nearly all of them were from November and December. I've started to put a bit more effort into the pictures I upload on Instagram and pay a bit more attention to tagging them, so maybe that pays off? Or maybe people just like seeing Aili's pretty face on my feed more than any other things I take pictures of (and I have taken lots of pictures of her recently!).
Overall I posted 139 pictures and got over 2.5k likes. Small fry I guess to some, but it has been nice to see that my IG has been growing a bit recently.
I hope you had a wonderful December, Christmas, New Year, and in fact, a lovely 2015! We sure did :)
Do you guys have Instagram accounts? And how was your December?
Linky below - learn more about the linky and get the badge from my page about My Monthly Roundup. As it is the start of the New Year, feel free to link up with your yearly roundups too if you want!