My Monthly Roundup - My Instagram December 2014
2. We got a picture to take home of us and the Santa.
3. This is the book I got in the Blogfest goody bag - read it and left it on Highbury & Islington for another commuter to read. Would certainly cheer me up to find a free book, so may this continue in 2015.
4. We went to see Mockingjay. My husband wanted to see Interstellar, I wanted to see Mockingjay, so we (...obviously...) went to see Interstellar. But our vouchers didn't cover the supermax (whatever) screen Interstellar was shown on. So Hunger Games it was. My husband called it annoying, I called it fate.
5. For the Christmas Jumper Day I wore a jumper made by my nan for my uncle. Over thirty years ago. It is older than I am and still looks perfect.
6. Making, baking and eating gingerbread cookies with blue cheese is THE Christmas tradition of mine.
7. A week before Christmas we were off to enjoy a well-earned holiday - to Finland.
8. But we missed our connecting flight and had to stay in a hotel to wait for the morning flight. At least the hotel had a nice, very Finnish (Karelian pies and rice porridge) breakfast.
9. One of the first things we did in Finland was to get our hair in order. Yae, new haircut!
10. When we arrived it was dark, gloomy and rainy. No snow. I hoped that for Christmas I'd get a bum slider and some snow to slide on...
11. ... and a day before Christmas it was official - we had a white Christmas!
12. On Christmas Day we had srambled eggs, smoked salmon and champagne for breakfast, went out to play in the snow and glorious sunshine, and during nap time, watched It's a Wonderful Life with a cup of hot chocolate. Could a Christmas Day be any better?
13. The snowsuit our little one had was way too small. Like ridiculously small. So a new one needed to be bought, so we were pondering between four options. My favourite was the blue one with circles, my husband's the zebra one.
14. A quote I fully agree with - "Depresso, the feeling you get when you've ran out of coffee".
15. We eventually ended up with a bright neon pink snowsuit - so bright it looks blurry on my iPhone.
A fun month - and I have to say, it has been fabulous and wonderful to be off work for an extended period of time. When I get back to work next week, I have been off for nearly three weeks. Feeling properly refreshed now. Now off to new adventures for 2015! And if you want to check my Instagram account out, I am @wavetomummy there :)
Quick introduction to "My Monthly Roundup" linky:
1. Linky will go live on 2nd of each month. First time in 2nd January 2015.
2. Please grab my badge or link back to me if you join the linky. Would be lovely if you could share the love and comment on other linkers posts too.
3. Tweet me your entry and I will retweet. @wavetomummy and #mymonthlyroundup
4. I will pin your post to my Pinterest board "My Monthly Roundup".
5. I will comment on each post linked.
5. I will comment on each post linked.
6. Your round-up can be anything, as long as it is a roundup of the previous month. I do a round-up of what I have done, usually my Instagram or what I have been doing. But if you prefer something else, do a round-up of your crafts, achievements, best blog posts, whatever.
And here is the linky tool for any of your My Monthly Roundup posts. As it is January, feel free to link up any 2014 in review posts as well if you want to :)
Love this idea for a link up, excited to see the other posts!!ReplyDelete
Such a cool idea to leave a book when you've finished reading it!
Your Christmas Day sounds amazing, I love love love it's a wonderful life, such a gorgeous film!
Your post about your little one was so cute - I should start writing them too, it is lovely to look back on the development of your baby as you just forget it so quickly otherwise...Delete
We had a lovely Christmas - hope you had a wonderful time too :) Thanks for linking!
P.S. I am going to continue the book thing and declutter my bookcase this year :)
Jazz hands, I spot some baby wearing <3 amazing Christmas jumper! I love christmas jumpers then I hate all the cheap, itchy nylon trash that everyone wears, what happened to good old jumpers like that one! If i ever get around to doing a monthly round up, I'll link in :)ReplyDelete
Hah, baby wearing is cool! I do love my Stokke, it is so comfy, but would love to try a wrap or a sling as well. I've lost the Stokke so I might buy a wrap to test out next...Delete
Oh brilliant, would be lovely to have you link up :) Welcome back 2nd Feb ;)
A good round up of your fun month in December. Thank God for holidays, I really love them. I'm back at work too next week; I can't say i'm excited about it.ReplyDelete
I need to get sorted on instagram; it's my worst social media network point.
Interesting linky idea, will try and join sometime. #TheList
It has been a wonderful time... I've been off nearly three weeks and feeling great! Had my first day at work today, well, was busy :)Delete
I am not amazing on Instagram either, always feel like my pictures are rubbish as I usually take them "on the go" with my iPhone. But I still like it.
Would be glad to have you join in the linky in the future - welcome back 2nd Feb :)
It looks like December was a pretty good month! How lovely to have 3 weeks off and I am glad you are refreshed. Thanks for linking up to #TheList xReplyDelete
Thanks for linking up with your roundup, it was such a nice read and a summary of your best blog posts of December too :) Hope you had a wonderful New Year! :)Delete
Gorgeous images of what looks like a very busy and exciting month.ReplyDelete
It was surprisingly busy, and I do often feel that holidays are even busier than my average working week as we just pack everything in holiday time :)Delete
looks like you had a great month what a good idea for a linky I've just added my december favourites! xxReplyDelete
Brilliant, thanks for linking! I already checked out your post and I love the idea of listing your monthly favourite things :) I might use the idea too sometime :)Delete
This is a great idea! It's a really nice way of looking at what you've done / achieved over the past month and also introducing readers or keeping them up to date with your doings. Hope it goes really well!ReplyDelete
Thanks, it is fun creating your own linky, but it does take a fair bit of work getting it going I suppose. I thought of the linky as I really like reading roundup posts, it's like a readers digest or a condensed version of all the best bits, and fun to look back as well as a writer.Delete
What a lovely idea and a chance to reflect on the month! Thanks so much for linking up to #brilliantblogposts, will try link up with this xxReplyDelete
Thanks for hosting! It would be awesome if you linked up sometime, it's nice to do these roundup posts every once in a while :)Delete
This is a great idea for a linky - I seem to be joining in with rather a lot at the mo so I will see what I can do! Beautiful photos and it sounds like you had a great month. Thank you for linking to #PoCoLo xReplyDelete
Thanks! If you do happen to do a roundup at some point, it would be lovely to have you join in :) But yes, there are lots of linkies around, and so good ones too, I would like to join more than I am atm, but just don't have the time. Thanks for hosting!Delete
Do I need to be a parent blogger to be featured in your weekly round up or monthly roundup?ReplyDelete
Not at all! As long as the post is a roundup it is fine :)Delete
The next time #mymonthlyroundup goes live is 2nd July and I will be sharing a roundup of my June. It is always monthly.
People sometimes share stuff like their favourites of the past month, or what things their kids have done in the previous month so the topic is very open :)