What our family has been up to October 2017
So these monthly family portraits and family catch-ups are back on again! The last time I wrote one of these posts was in August, where it was all about camping. I missed out on September, as I just physically couldn't get myself on the computer for ages. Blame it on tiredness, feeling a bit sick, and just plain forgetting that it was the end of the month and we hadn't taken a family picture yet... Any multitude of reasons! But I am glad to be back writing these again, and really looking forward to looking through all our pictures at the end of the year and seeing how our family has changed throughout the months.
This past October we have got hooked on Game of Thrones, enjoyed getting dressed up for Halloween, and been rather sickly family, with me having repeated colds, hubby getting a trapped nerve and slowly healing his cracked ribs, and our daughter just not getting rid of her impetigo. Poor little one is now on oral antibiotics.
That said, this October I have loved:
- Game of Thrones! We started watching the programme in September - we are now just about to embark on Season 7.
- Jon Snow ;)
- Finally getting back to blogging after a month long break.
- Doing a sugar skull make-up for Halloween.
- Reading books again - got Zadie Smith Swing Time as a commuting read.
- The return of Stranger Things on Netflix - and of course the new Start Trek too!
- Seeing how Aili is loving practising her letters, and writing three letter words all by her self!
This month my daughter Aili has enjoyed:
- My Little Pony - we hear the theme tune sang at us at least once a day.
- My Little Pony film. Very exciting and quite scary, she cried and wanted to go back home a few times during the film, but bravely sat in mama's lap through the scary bits and did enjoy the film in the end.
- At school she is doing lots and lots of "gift guides" it appears. They cut things out of toy catalogues and glue them on an A4. We now know that My Little Pony, Shimmer & Shine, Paw Patrol, babies, Barbies, doll houses, My Little Pony castles, amongst about a million of other things are expected for Christmas.
- Having her very first sleepover at her best friends house. And her best friend also coming over to ours for a sleepover.
- Going to a baby disco at Rave-a-Roo.
- Being the Chief Toy Tester for the near-future Christmas gift guide on this blog!
- Playing with her new mobile phone - KidiCom Max, which she loves.
- Having had a massive haul of Halloween candy on her first proper trick and treating experience.
Hubby has loved:
- Game of Thrones, just like me!
- Daenerys Stormborn ;)
- Half-term, and having the little one home.
- Having the little monkey enjoy her time with nanny and us being able to have a couple of date nights.
- Halloween and Rave-a-Roo baby disco.
- Getting two big contracts for work!
So that was our October. How was yours?
You might also like: How did July 2017 go for our family? and What have we been up to June 2017?