I have decided to start a new blog feature - London with toddlers. Once a month, a family-friendly place or thing to do in London, and I've thought of ten different places I think are good for toddlers.
I've lived in London for about eight years now. I used to live in central London and loved visiting all the sights and just walking around. Now, living in the outskirts of London, with a toddler in tow, we rarely venture to see the sights. Toddler, buggy, public transport. Too. Much. Effort. Sitting in the train, commuting Monday to Friday does that to you.
It is a crying shame living in London and not actually enjoying the unique sights and experiences London offers. So for a while I've thought about trying to do one London thing a month as a whole family, our 22 month old toddler in tow. And then of course, blogging about it!
Here are ten things to do with a toddler in London. For a perfect weekend in London our family would choose a few of these to do, and pop in by some toddler-friendly restaurants in between experiences. We have been to the Disney Cafe in Harrods, and I've heard Rainforest Cafe is great for kids too.
1. London Aquarium - this would guarantee lots of shrieks of joy. All those fish!
2. And afterwards, going on the London Eye. While this is more for the grown-ups, I am sure little monkeys would enjoy the scenery as well.
3. Speaking of little monkeys, going to the ZSL London Zoo would be amazing. Seeing all those monkeys, lions, tigers, and other things.
4. Natural History Museum would be pretty special place to visit, with all those massive dinosaur skeletons. In the summertime the yard houses a special butterfly tent, which you can go and visit, and see lots of amazing butterflies.
5. Nearby, the Science Museum has plenty of interactive things to do, and apparently some are suitable for toddlers too.
7. Kensington Gardens has Diana, Princess of Wales' Memorial Playground, with a large pirate ship to climb aboard to.
8. Going on a cruise on the Thames would be lovely - we have actually done this, and while you have to stay in the central aisles with a buggy, you can still enjoy the scenery.
9. Greenwich is a lovely area to spend some time as a family. The views are fabulous, there is a big ship to admire (Cutty Sark) and the park is humongous for a toddler to run around in.
10. V&A Museum of Childhood looks like another lovely place to visit and there are supposed to be suitable things for toddlers to play with too. <
Would you recommend anything else to do with a toddler in London?
The pictures are all from our last family outing to London - Hyde Park Winter Wonderland.
I am linking this with Tots 100 competition with The Royal Garden Hotel as it would be wonderful to have a little weekend trip to central London.