What happened in our lives in March 2018?
Well - Easter is sure one thing that happened! We don't really celebrate Easter much, although we do give into chocolate and we do enjoy the long long weekend. Two-day weekends are just far too short, I never feel like I have managed to recuperate enough for the following week of work, so a long bank holiday break was very welcome.
I have been:
- Coming up with new Easter things for us - and planning a non-chocolate Easter egg hunt! Some other things planned are baking bunny buncakes and of course some more blackboard art.
- Feeling the baby kick more and more - it is crazy feeling and seeing those strong movements and makes me remember we are going to get a new little one here soon!
- I have been impatiently waiting for the start of my maternity leave, and pretty much counting the days. Not long to go anymore, just a few more weeks. Can't wait.
- At work I am starting to turn towards finalising things, thinking about handover, finishing long-standing mini-projects and generally just feeling like I am ready to move on. I've already said I want to move teams when coming back, so I get to try something new.
- As far as pregnancy goes, I've been feeling really good. Getting more tired now yes, but as opposed to previous months, I've actually felt healthy and normal, which has been such a change! No aches or pains of which I am very grateful for.
Aili has been:
- Loving bunnies. Anything to do with bunnies is her thing now. She has long loved them, but her fascination with all-things-bunny has really ramped up recently. apparently she wants to have a bunny birthday...
- Drawing - everyday we get fantastic little drawings. I am loath to throw any of them away but we are drowning in paper!
- Writing - she absolutely loves writing and we get little notes of all sorts all the time. She is particularly keen on writing stories now.
- For the World Book Day Aili wrote and illustrated her own book, "The cow girl is happy" and went as the cow girl. In the book there was a queen, king, prince and princess. Princess went for some travels with a unicorn, met lion cubs, went on a swing with her prince brother, and got a balloon and there was a rainbow. It was a fantastic little book. Next thing to practice is to have a beginning, a middle and the end to the story!
- Consequently, for her Easter holiday homework, she had to do a book report. She did it about her own book...
My husband has:
- Enjoyed getting his back finally sorted and going back to rugby. Unfortunately the joy didn't last long as he then broke his little finger after just three training sessions.
- Loved feeling the baby move - especially kick directed at his hand.
- Been happy that I have been feeling much better now with my pregnancy - it isn't easy when your other half is constantly feeling a bit under the weather!
- Had so much fun at the Secret Cinema Blade Runner we went to last weekend - it was such a fun experience for both of us!
- Making a paper guitar for Aili to go with her World Book Day costume - and of course being a very proud father seeing his little girl write her own book!
How was your March?
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!
I love comments and I always try to reply within a couple of days. Do check back for my reply, especially if you wanted to know something specific. Or if you check the notify me box, you'll get follow-up comments to your inbox :)