How did July 2017 go for our family?
As ever, at the end of the month I share a quick summary of what has been happening in our lives in the past month. July has been a rather active one, and we have been outdoors a lot. It has been lovely to go to a pick your own, and to lavender fields, and the beach, and it feels like nearly every weekend we have been out there somewhere. And I hope August will be as outdoorsy for us too!
We went to the lavender fields because it was one of those things I have wanted to do for ages, ever since seeing other bloggers share their stunning lavender field family shoots... With a fournado in tow I didn't manage to capture those visually amazing family shots many do, but they were quite funny nonetheless!
This July I have loved:
- Lavender fields! We took a trip down to Hitchin Lavender because well, my social media feeds have been purple whole of July and blogger see, blogger do.
- The beach! We went on a beach near to London at the beginning of July. I've probably said it so many times here but I just love the seaside and if there is anywhere I could live, it would be by a beach.
- Photography - the new locations have got me excited about photography again and I've taken a ridiculous amount of pictures I need to go through and edit.
- Sweet and savoury summer salads. When the heat wave was at its worst, I didn't feel like eating anything other than salads, so I made my old favourite - a strawberry-feta salad. It is amazing, seriously, and you should try it. I also tried a new version with raspberry and goat cheese, and am planning to test melon salads too.
- The end of nursery. It really is an end of an era and it feels like such a big step, and I loved to look back on the year and see how far my little girl has grown.
- Having a headteachers award for her good learning in phonics!
- Drawing lots and lots and lots.
- Going to the lavender fields and playing with lavender twigs.
- Pretending to get married to daddy.
- Her new sand and water table, and burying her toys in the sand.
- Galloping with hew hobby horse and pretending to be a cow girl. She also likes to dress the hobby horse in a nice dress.
- Starting a swimming course and a theatre summer school!
- Rugby. He has joined a rugby club so a night or two a week he is getting his mud on. There have been many many shopping trips to get appropriate gear now!
- Painting finishing touches in our house - it is nice to see the final bits and bobs being tidied up here!
- Cooking with our daughter, and trying to get her to try new things. So far, she has had a half an orange and a small bite of a corn cob!
- Completing a couple of bigger design projects, like building websites for his clients.
- And also going to the lavender fields, and pick your own farm!
What have you loved this month?
You might also like: What have we been up to in June 2017? and February 2017 - what our family was up to?