My blogging goals for October 2014
When doing something, it is always nice to actually try to do something, if you know what I mean. It is good to work towards something, whatever that is. At work we often bandy around the SMART goal - that stands for goals that are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-bound, and I thought I'd try that for blogging this month. See how it goes, does it work and if it is fun.It'll give me something to aim for by the end of the month anyway.
As a stock take, my first post in this blog was 15th August, a month and a half away. In September I have written 16 blog posts, and have had 225 unique visitors in the blog. I mainly use Twitter for general parental tweeting and blogging promotion, and I have about +135 followers. It is not too bad I think for a new blog. Well, I don't know really if it is good or bad, but it seems about right. So for this month I want to increase the amount of people that visit my blog and follow me on Twitter. I also want to add more varied content to my blog.
So, what are my SMART goals for October 2014?
1) Increase the amount of unique visitors to +400.
2) Have +250 Twitter followers.
3) Do pages for my blog (About me, Subscribe, Linkies and blogs I love, and My best posts).
4) Write two features (or whatever you call them) to blog series - I love the Beginning of Us at RedHead BabyLed and Share Your Wedding at You Baby Me Mummy.
5) Regularly contribute to my current favourite linkies - those are The Ordinary Moments, Trendy Thursday and TT_Thursday, and The List.
6) Try two new linkies - The Breasfeeding Diary at least once.
One goal I wish I could have is post daily - however as a full-time working mum (that has a commute of about 2-3 hours everyday) that would fail the A and R (achievable and realistic). The rest of the goals I think I can do.